At Point Elementary, we strive to create an environment which allows
students to feel safe, respected and nurtured by the Point Community.
Point School Values and Beliefs:
WE BELIEVE THAT:
- Point School teaches children to become responsible, lifelong learners who are contributing members of society.
- Point School provides a friendly, child centered, safe environment that encourages community involvement.
- Successful Point students think logically, critically, and
independently while making responsible choices and decisions that affect
him or her and others.
- An effective Point classroom provides meaningful learning
opportunities for students with all abilities while allowing students to
feel comfortable to take risks.
- Point teachers make every child feel valued by recognizing
learning styles and adapting curriculum to meet individual student's
- The effective Point faculty works collaboratively and engages in
continuous professional development. It consists of strong leadership
and a variety of teaching styles.
Building and Technology:
Each classroom is equipped with five HP/Compaq Pentium 4
computers. All are Internet-ready. Currently the computer lab is
equipped with 30 Dell Intel Core 2 computers with flat screen monitors
as well as a Projection system, Elmo visual presenter, and an Interwrite
The Point Elementary Staff, and the Technology Committee are
extremely proud of its commitment and ongoing achievements of its
school-wide technology program. This includes:
- Computer lab with 30 workstations
- High-speed Internet access
- Smartboard and projector
- Closed circuit television
- Video Cameras
- Digital Cameras
- Reading Incentive Program
- Reading Diagnostic Program
- Keyboarding Instruction Program
- Instructional Technology Assistance for every grade level
School Parent Organizations:
Parents of Point students are encouraged to join one or all of the following groups:
- Parent-Teacher Organization (P.T.O)
- Mothers' Club
- Library Volunteer
- Room Parents
- School Improvement Team
- Crisis Team
- Technology Committee
- Garden Club
- Caring School Communities (CSC)
- Positive Behavior Support(PBS)
- Volunteers Group